Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gettin' old!

Thank you all for the birthday messages! I wish you could all be in Atlanta to buy me a drink tonight! I'm here for the Recording Academy Honors Awards. Pat and I will perform one song acoustically in honor of Mike Clark who passed away earlier this year. Mike was the owner of Southern Tracks Studios in Atlanta, where Train recorded three records. Pearl Jam, the Black Crowes, Stone Temple Pilots, and Bruce Springsteen are among the many other incredible artists who have recorded at Southern Tracks over the years. Mike was a very respected figure in the Atlanta music scene for many many years, and an amazingly wonderful human being. He will be missed.

So, that's what I will be doing tonight on my birthday. It should actually be a very nice event. It'll be nice to see Pat, as always. We'll get to dine together at a table with Mr. Brendan O'Brien, producer extraordinaire, who will present an award to Mike Clark's widow. Tomorrow, I'm off to visit my parents in Morris, Illinois, and then I'll spend a few days writing at my Chicago condo. I'm going to a White Sox game Saturday night, which should be fun. They're playing the Angels, who apparently still play "Calling all Angels" every time they take the field when they're at home in Anaheim. Monday night I'm planning to check out an old friend of mine, Al Morphew, who is performing an acoustic set at the Elbo Room. He'll also be at Uncommon Grounds tomorrow night, Friday, if you're looking for something to do. He's a talented guy. Anyway, later next week I will return to Las Vegas and will be seeing Mr. Brandon Bush, who is touring with his brother's band, Sugarland. They'll be opening for Kenny Chesney. I'm not a very big country guy, so it should be interesting. Maybe i'll wear my cowboy boots and hat! Oh wait, I don't own cowboy boots or a hat.

That's all for now. The book writing is coming along very, very well, and things are also starting to come together on the business end as well. I will keep you posted as things develop more. Take care...

your friend, who is only a day older than yesterday,
Jimmy

No comments: