Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hi everybody. i haven't written in awhile, so i thought i'd drop you a line and let you know what i've been up to. writing. that's pretty much it! of course, there was the distraction of the holidays, but for the most part, i have been working on books. i say book(s), plural, as i have finished my first novel, which is currently in the editing stages, and have begun my second. my goal is to have The Guitar on the Wall published sometime this year. the new book i am writing is also a novel titled, Killing Doctor Robbins. i would call it a dark dramatic comedy with a scary twist. i'm very excited about the story and am enjoying writing every chance i get. my favorite music to listen to while writing these days is the new Radiohead, and Tony Bennett. i know, quite the contrast, but it's working for me. in my six cd changer in my living room where i write mostly, i have the one Radiohead cd (which is incredible, by the way) and five TB cds.

anyway, i spent the holidays in las vegas with my daughter, who is seven now. we had a very nice christmas and all, but are even more excited to be going to the Hannah Montana concert in a few weeks! Aly & AJ are opening. we like them, too. my daughter isn't really into the Radiohead and Tony Bennett like i am...yet. she is becoming quite the little piano player, though. she's been taking lessons and really enjoys it.

so, i am meeting with the four other members of Train next week in las vegas, which should be interesting. the five of us haven't been together in quite a long time. we're planning to hang out for a few hours and talk about what everybody has been up to and discuss plans for the future. of course, we'll let you know if anything exciting develops from the meeting. who knows, we'll probably just end up hanging out naked in my hot tub and drinking fruit punch until the wee hours. it'll be good to see everyone again.

that's about all for now. i need to get back to writing. i put in somewhere between six and ten hours a day, depending on whether or not my daughter is with me, as she is today. we might take the day off and go for a hike up at Red Rock Canyon, depending on the weather. if you're planning to visit las vegas anytime soon, it's pretty friggin' chilly here! being from the midwest, i'm actually enjoying the cold weather. it's not like i have to shovel snow or anything, but it is cold!

i'll try and keep in touch more often this year. maybe. i've been somewhat of a recluse lately, so we'll see. Happy new year to you all, and thanks for all the comments and well wishes you've posted on my page! i do read all your letters and comments. i'm just not so good with the responses. i'll work on that, too. maybe. take care...

your friend,
jimmy

3 comments:

amy jo said...

Hi Jimmy. Wow..I cannot remember the last time I have been in touch with you or Train for that matter. I have been a huge fan for a very long time. Actually,I am a huge fan of ours...I think you are extremely talented though we have never met you seem like a down to earth..good guy.I am from the Midwest and know "good shit" when I see it and I think you are just that. Keep up all the hard work with the writing...can't wait for your books to be made into movies..I am not a reader. GO BEARS!!!!!! Amy Jo.

Allie Gower said...

Not a Radiohead fan yet? What do you let that kiddo listen to? Oh yeah... Hannah Montana, Aly & AJ. Well, I guess to each generation his/her own. I so miss TRAIN. Why no SOLO project from the great Jimmy Stafford, that is aside from plumbing and writing and becoming a fashionista! I've never posted to your blog, but I do watch for updates. I went to see Pat when he played in KC, and I was shocked when we were eating and they were trying to GIVE tickets away. I was like, DUDE, we bought our tickets. Anyway, it was like going to a private concert and it was really great, and who doesn't love getting to gamble when you're through, but I miss the WHOLE ENCHILADA, all togedda now - you know what I mean? SO please, I hope you guys are getting some time together again in the studio really soon. I wish you Whirled Peace and Love bro...

Mac said...

I am reading this blog now, 3 years later. It appears that your meeting with the other Train members ended in something more exciting than sitting naked in a hot tub (although.. it sounds incredibly exciting to me: sitting naked in a hot tub with Train :)
You guys have accomplished something amazing with the new album and are now getting all the credit you deserve, including crazy Train fans like me. Nearly 39 years old and feeling like a total teenager! Keep up the good work and look after yourself. You're doing great!